Thursday, November 16, 2006

Inspirational distraction



Relationships take time and money. I’m desperately short of both, but, as this photo demonstrates, my time with Petra has been, is, and will continue to be, the best investment I’ve ever made. Unlike most girls, Petra is smarter than me:-)--and more stubborn. I win most of our verbal skirmishes, but somehow we usually end up doing what she wants—which often talismanically translates into what I want. Maybe it all comes back to the photo—I end up following her lead because I’m trying to keep her in view:-)...

12 comments:

Petraglyph said...

Awwwww. Tusind tak skal du ha'. :-)

The View from Great Island said...

Smarter no doubt and likely wouldn't say, "smarter then me". But then I'm accustomed to that difficulty as your mother is smarter THAN me. Dad

Paul said...

thanks dad. I fixed it. I guess we know who the smart one is...

barry said...

Dad, your comment is classic: It has classy content and a historically familiar subject.

Threads Everywhere said...

You must be keeping me in view too, because you like to follow my lead.

Paul said...

Hate to break it to you Tinka, but Petra is prettier then you. she has better breath too. I only follow your lead because you pull like a team of draft horses. Still, I think I owe you a word of thanks. All that hard pulling has increased my muscle tone, and, as everyone knows, the sole factor in Petra's attraction to me is my supurb upper body:-)

AngryMan said...

Paul, you are more whipped than I am, and you're not even married yet. FYI, it gets worse when you get hitched.

Paul said...

Yep. I'm whipped--and I love it!. I've taken to calling her "the Boss". She's a magnanimous dictator, so I shouldn't fair too badly.

Jonathan Gerrans said...

that would be "I shouldn't fare too badly."
sorry, couldn't resist

Paul said...

spelling is over rated. you KNEW what I meant (within the meaning of Barry's latest post). no further comment needed! :-)

The View from Great Island said...

Phil. 4:4-8, I am rejoicing with you for your great blessings!

Paul said...

amen!!